The Conti Orbit Is Worldwide
24/7, from Tacoma to Tokyo, and everywhere between:
Robert Conti learning resources have produced tangible results for aspiring jazz guitarists since 1966. Click any pin on the map to read student comments from around the world. You’ll soon notice a common theme among thousands of comments:
“I wish I would have discovered your products years ago!”
Unsatisfied with your playing progress? Still can't improvise?
As demonstrated in numerous student videos:
The Conti learning platform provides you with immediately applicable palettes of harmonic tools that quickly pave the path to impressive short term results. One such student appears in the video at right. See numerous more in our Players Gallery.
Are you lost in the fog of the internet?
What is the fog of the internet?
Think of the internet like the old wild west – no laws and anything goes. This environment manifests countless amateurs who present themselves as pros. You, the student, must decide who can help you achieve your goals. If you’re like most who visit us, you just want to play and avoid making yet another mistake. So how do you quickly narrow the field?
No Gatekeeper -Who Ensures Quality?
Anyone with a decent mobile phone can produce videos claiming to be a “jazz guitarist.”
But where’s the proof?
- Hundreds of free disconnected lessons?
- A cheap eBook full of regurgitated theory?
- Ads claiming secrets will be revealed?
- Instructors touting music degrees instead of the ability to play?
Find An Accomplished Player
Say you wanted to become a world class tennis player. You’d seek players who are/were at the top of their game; the winners of tournaments – the Federers, Agassis, and Nadals of the game. You wouldn’t waste your time with some kid whose only experience is having posters of players on his bedroom wall, and has never stepped foot onto a tennis court. You’d want the knowledge from a legit pro player as they’ve lived and mastered the game at the highest level.
If you can’t find videos that demonstrate high level playing skills of the teacher, then save your precious time/money and move on. If they can’t play, they can’t teach you to play. You can learn more from a highly skilled player who may not be the best teacher, than you can from a hack with no level of discernible skill. Start with a player and you’re way ahead of the pack.
Documented Teaching Ability
Once you’ve found a skilled player who blows you away, then look into their ability to teach you what they know. How?
- Camera Presence – Does the teacher appear nervous? Does he fumble around incoherently? Or is he showing off without putting music under your fingers?
- Length of Teaching Career – How long has he been teaching? The longer a teacher has taught, the more time he’s had to refine his methods and delivery of information so it works for you.
- Results of His Students – How often do you read reviews signed by “Joe B” and “Frank S?” Nameless people who are supposed to make you jump into action. But more importantly, show me what Joe B and Frank S can play.Where are the performance videos of the students showing what they learned? Have you ever seen a weight loss ad without before/after photos?
Demand to see the playing results the students obtained.
Time In The Woodshed
You’re almost out of the fog. You’ve found a pro player with stellar credentials and seen/heard the playing results obtained by his students. The last step in the equation comes down to you.
You must put the time in.
No teacher, no matter how great, can wave a magic wand over your head and transform you into a player overnight.
Follow your pro player teacher’s instructions exactly. Don’t deviate, don’t method hop and bounce from one thing to the next or you’ll end up back at square one.