No Gatekeeper On The Internet
By now you've discovered an endless line of unqualified amateurs who attempt to take your money, or worse, your time, by falsely presenting themselves as "professional jazz guitar educators" when there's zero evidence they can even play.
Caveat Emptor - in your search for a high quality learning resource, don't allow yourself, or your wallet to be ambushed by a litany of ludicrous and unverifiable claims - all intended to exploit your learning frustrations and induce you to purchase what usually proves to be yet another junk product full of regurgitated modes, scales, and meaningless theory.
What You Won't Find Here
What you will find here
(and what you should seek from any teacher)
A teacher is only as good and effective as the results he produces for his students. We are proud to present the results achieved by our students from entry level to highly advanced in our Players Gallery below. If your goal is to play, you’re in the right place. If you want to talk about playing, we can point you to countless other websites.
You need only 4 items to play jazz guitar:
Like the early Founding Fathers of the art form, the high level of Robert Conti’s playing skill is the result of NOT studying modes, scales and theory. Before spending your money, or even your time (yes, free lessons do have a cost) on the army of hack instructors that permeate the internet, do take the time to watch the two short performance videos below to witness the raw skill that underwrites the Conti line of learning resources.
Conti brings 50+ years of documented on the bandstand experience to the table. Having developed his skill as a monster player at only 21 years old, coupled with countless student success videos and letters of praise: This is your assurance of quality and result-producing instruction that will improve your playing.
- Born and raised in South Philadelphia, an area of the country that produced numerous world class players (and the cheesesteak too!)
- With the exception of a handful of lessons, he is entirely self taught
- Professional level player at the age of 21 with earliest video documenting his skill in 1969 (show video)
- Began operating a teaching studio in his 20s
- Recordings on vinyl & CD dating to 1979
- Employed 5 nights per week for 10 straight years in a luxurious Southern California hotel
- While others have come and gone with hype, gimmicks and teaching approaches that change with the wind, RobertConti.com has been operating non-stop since 2000, producing players since day 1 and always with the same rock solid philosophy toward learning.
Raising The Bar
His knowledge available only locally until the launch of his website in 2000, Robert Conti single-handedly raised the bar on jazz guitar instruction. Read the interview that started it all.
Features that don't cost a fortune
If you’re serious about playing jazz, acquire an archtop backed by 50+ years of performance experience. Conti Guitars feature 24 frets, Ebony everything, a personalized introduction video of your guitar, and best of all, it’s got the Conti name. See photos, comments and videos from our worldwide owners!